Tuesday 1 November 2011

Photographic documentation of Marking Time exhibited Oct /Nov 2011

The following images are photos of the latest Studio1projects exhibition Marking Time. I created a selection of views. If one thing I can say is that the documentation of this show views like a watered down version of the actual viewed experience  of these works in my studio. You don't experience the texture colour or material of the artworks and in doing so most of the context and real meaning of these works are lost. I don't consider this a valid way to look at my work but when I think about it the way I experience a large majority of artworks through books and publications maybe its not that much different to what I do the difference maybe that I don't have much choice in the matter.












No comments:

Post a Comment