Monday 19 March 2012

LIGHT DISCUSSIONS Introduction to a major project


I have been working through a series of experimental works for about two years now and the limitations
of time have played their part in the time that has lapsed in revealing these projects. My plan is to divide
this major project into a series of seven separate projects under the same working title "Light Discussions".
As separate contained bodies of work I had hoped to have the opportunity to exhibit each project in
other spaces as well as my studio.

I didn't think I would be forced to waist so much time preparing a proposed exhibit and then waiting for
the usual thanks but no thanks replies from galleries. This first project is an important body of work for me
and I think it's pointless to wait another six or so months waiting for yet another rejection as I don't think that
the problem is the quality of my artwork. A somewhat downgraded solution to this is that I will just post
these artworks on my blogspot and maybe engage some audience with the opportunity to view these works
now stored and packed away.
The following photographs will display both individual and installation views. This would have been the first exhibit of this major project and this brief overview explains the general direction of this body of work.

Light Discussions offers a display of simple assemblages in reductive format that create interplay between 
painting and photography bringing forward light and reflection as complimentary mediums, that further affect
the viewers use of space experience of time through light and lightness.














 The next phase of works are currently in progress and I have a few studio views that preview that progress.




  


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment